Subject: [Leica] Now RAW vs JPEG
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue May 24 05:02:03 2005

At 12:49 AM 5/24/2005, you wrote:
>But when it comes to curve adjustments and sharpening and such, I prefer
>to work on the 16-bit TIFF after basic RAW processing.  I just think I
>have better control in Picture Window Pro than I do in Olympus' RAW
>converter.
>--Peter

Peter -  I don't ever, ever use Canon's Raw convertor.  The new Adobe
Photoshop CS2 has some fabulous controls in their convertor which you can
now use through the Bridge part of the software.  Most of the professionals
on the lists I follow agree that PS gives much better color controls than
the native convertors of any of the cameras or Capture One even.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com