Subject: [Leica] More Wet Flowers
From: langhans at compwrx.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Mon May 23 13:03:13 2005

Two good things about rain during a drought year.  1. it helps with the
water storage we will so desperately need this summer. 2.  It makes for
great photos!.

Last Sunday, I called a camera club member up to see if I could take
some photos of her cactus blooms.  They have a great cactus garden and
camera club goes there to take shots on nice bright sunny days and we
all come and show the same bright sunny slides of flowers at our
meeting.  Rain was forecast, and was happening, so I thought I'd be
different and take some cactus flower shots in the pouring rain.  She
said that rain ruins the flowers.  What do you think?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Wet-Flowers

These were at the end of a roll of Ektachrome 100.  I shot a roll of
Astia, too, but haven't scanned them yet.  Projected, they look much
better than the E-100.  The overcast sky and rain made all the colors
just jump out.  The Astia looks like Velvia on a sunny day.