Subject: [Leica] OT: Rogue Waves
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun May 22 10:46:04 2005

Oliver offered:
> I live just a couple of blocks from the ocean. The beach as well as the
> overlooks, walks, and trails near the water are posted with warning signs
> (in English, Spanish, Russian, and Chinese) that point out the danger of
> rogue waves and undertow, with the message "PEOPLE HAVE DIED HERE" added
> for emphasis.<<<

Hi Oliver,
I bet most folks who live inland have neither heard nor have any idea that
such a thing as rogue waves exist, that is until they're being dragged out
to sea! :-(

Up island here a few years ago, we had three Japanese tourists swept away in
one shot even after the group had been warned repeatedly to watch for and
beware of "big waves and certainly not to go exactly where they went." :-(

One blink and they were gone!  :-(

So for all the list members who are not ocean side folks this is one message
for all of you to always keep in mind if visiting ocean beaches anywhere, as
they don't just happen around the shores of North America.

ted

Replies: Reply from datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff) ([Leica] OT: Rogue Waves)