Subject: [Leica] Point Reyes Seashore: flora, fauna and vistas
From: bonvini at optonline.net (Jay)
Date: Sat May 21 07:08:24 2005

Thanks for the info.

Jay Ignaszewski

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+bonvini=optonline.net@leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+bonvini=optonline.net@leica-users.org]On Behalf Of
Adam Bridge
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 8:51 PM
To: Leica Users Group

This was shot with the 280 Telyt I got from Doug Herr on the Canon 1Ds
Mk II body.

Shot at ISO 100. I think you can get the rest of the data from the
EXIF in the image.

I might have somewhat over-sharpened the post - although I actually
was shooting for the dark detailed post in sharp contrast to the out
of focus breakers in the background.

I also shot this with the 560 but even at f22 the background was way
too blurred. I have about 20 different images and compositions of
which this one was the one that pleased me the most. "Working the
image" as they say. My wife was napping in the car while I did this -
nothing like a sea breeze blowing through the truck with the sound of
the surf to make for an instant nap!

I was actually hoping for a line of pelicans to come by - and they did
- but as I was breaking things down. Nice of them, eh? No surfers
either although there had been one earlier in the day. (Consider that
sign I posted and surfing ALONE...I rest my case about someone being
certifiable.)

There were also sea lions along the headland but I need 1000mm to get
THEM although the wind was just right so you could hear them - like 3
HP motors sputtering to life I think.

Thanks for the comments.

Adam