Subject: [Leica] Big Dig documentary webcast
From: bd_colen at harvard.edu (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri May 20 06:40:39 2005

This is a great opportunity  those of you who have not yet bought
Digging, or seen this project, to see a documentary project that can
best be described as 'Lewis Hine meets HCB.' It is a truly stunning
work, preserving for all time the work of the humans who dug Boston's
Big Dig - and in that sense is a modern version of Hine's Empire
State Building project. But at the same time there is much of HCB's
surrealism about the photographs, with shapes, shadows, and bizarrely
contrasting elements dominating many of the images.

B. D.