Subject: [Leica] Ted Grant, Chariot Racer
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu May 19 14:02:35 2005

Marc James Small asked:"

Ted Grant wrote:
>>In my younger and foolish days I drove stock cars, sprints and midgets<<<<

Marc James Small asked
> Now, Ted, be honest:  you have constantly assured me that you are now in
> your middle-aged and even more foolish days .... I forget whether you >
> claim to have posted road guard for Moses or to have pulled KP at
> the Last Supper but, in any event, you've been around for quite a
> while, and your experiences must have started with chariots of some >
> sort.

> Share with us, if you will, your own spin on Ben Hur:  was it
> historically accurate?  <<<<

Actually history was close. However they, historians, never mentioned the
strange apparatus he had in one hand and appeared to be talking to his
latest lover, Maureen O'Hara! ;-) I think that was her name? Maybe it was
Delilah or the Queen of the Nile. One of those ladies anyway. ;-)

In any event it appeared he'd bongoed the wrong number and was somewhat
agitated. In that state he began waving his arm in the sir and beating the
cell like object against the side of the horse's a..s! And at that moment I
sped by on the inside of the track leaving him lost in a cloud of horse dung
and dust! :-) Now he was really peed off! :-)

I glanced over my shoulder and realized it was a smashing great photo, Op.
reached for my trusty early auto-firing Leica triple 0 model and fired away.

Just at that moment, unfortunately another dumb-ass chariot driver cut me
off while he was head down looking for the Roman numerals on his talking
device and I unfortunately wiped out coming off #2 turn! :-(

Dropping my photo machine in the dust to maintain control of my charging
steeds, (no neck straps in those days) it was immediately trashed by the
wailing warrior Ben still banging his speaking device on his horse's ass!
:-( Unfortunately my stone like images were completely destroyed.

I trust this, when using some virtual visual after thought you can see the
historian's never mentioned this unfortunate early moment of photo
excitement! :-(

ted

Replies: Reply from gwpics at aol.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] Ted Grant, Chariot Racer)
Message from msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Ted Grant, Chariot Racer)