Subject: [Leica] mobile phones and breakneck speeds
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed May 18 21:54:37 2005

Mike,

I lived in NJ for 5 years but never found a place where I could drive at
"break-neck speed". Perhaps one of the interstates in the western part
of the state on a Sunday...but most of the time I was glad when traffic
permitted driving at anything close to the speed limit (I had a 40 mile
commute each way).

But speeds are low everywhere in the US. Now that I have been back in
Europe for 10 years, and only go to the US every couple of years, I
always get struck by how slowly the traffic moves. Invariably, every
visit involves a speeding ticket--I simply find it physically impossible
to drive a car at 65 mph or even the 75 mph which is permitted in some
parts of Florida (that is where my last visit took me, in October).

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands