Subject: [Leica] Aaron's PAW19: Relief
From: bonvini at optonline.net (Jay)
Date: Mon May 16 16:06:06 2005

Enjoyed the snaps of the trip to BVI's.
What was causing the vignetting?

Jay Ignaszewski

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+bonvini=optonline.net@leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+bonvini=optonline.net@leica-users.org]On Behalf Of
Aaron Sandler
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 4:06 PM
To: Leica Users Group

Hi Folks,

I didn't shoot much this past week, as we were in a car crash on
Tuesday.  Fortunately we are all fine, but with my wife being pregnant we
spent some time under observation in the hospital followed by a few very
sore days for me and much time spent talking to insurance agents, body
shops, car rental places, etc, etc.  I was a bit more tossed about than
Allison, as I am a little too tall to fit properly in the seat of a car and
had also tensed up when I saw the pickup truck in my rear-view mirror just
before it smashed into us as we were stopped waiting for someone in front
to turn left.  I think it must be some kind of cosmic punishment...we had
bought our first-ever brand new car in February (the first time I'd ever
owned a car under 8 years old, in fact)...it hadn't even had its oil
changed yet...still waiting to hear whether it can be repaired or is
totalled.  Oh well, we are all fine and it's only a car.

On a brighter note, we also had a good occasion this past week: the first
PhD defense of a member of my close group of friends who all met when we
arrived here at Duke together almost 7 years ago.  Afterwards, the new Dr.
Stephanie was happy, relieved, tired, and slightly manic.  My PAW this week
is a snap of her at her defense party:
http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2005_19/index.html

With my time at home feeling sore, I managed to put together a page of
snaps from our recent vacation in the British Virgin Islands...it's all
off-topic equipment (a Holga and an Olympus Sylus point-and-shoot), but
it's there for anyone interested in sailing or the Caribbean (or both).
http://www.duke.edu/~ahh2/2005_04_BVI/index.html

Comments welcome.

Best,
Aaron