Subject: Firmware was Re: [Leica] Still no DMR
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun May 15 19:53:59 2005

Mark Rabiner asked:

> So what's the deal you can just use Leica R glass on a Canon in stop down
> metering?<

Hi Mark,
It's so simple it's amazing. ;-) Might be difficult for those who use a
major analyzing technique and have to think about it. But it's simple, clean
and works! Honest would I lie to a nice guy like you? ;-)

I've found I can stop down to f8.0 and still manual focus without any
problem outdoors. Or any aperture from wide open to f8.0. Set the camera for
aperture priority and shoot letting the camera select the shutter speed. And
so far I've not missed any exposures in this fashion.

That's what's so neat about it, because it's difficult to think and shoot
and still capture the precise moment. Pick an aperture and shoot away
without thought while merely concentrating on your subject.

It's the old story, "KISS it baby!" And it works like a dream. :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) (Firmware was Re: [Leica] Still no DMR)
Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) (Firmware was Re: [Leica] Still no DMR)