Subject: Firmware was Re: [Leica] Still no DMR
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun May 15 15:28:42 2005

Vick Ko offered:
Subject: RE: Firmware was Re: [Leica] Still no DMR

> So as long as we are here scaring ourselves silly, here is another
> doomsday scenario:<<<<<<<<<

Hi Vick,
Hell I find all this stuff just like a three stooges comedy of errors! :-)
I'm not the least bit scared silly about all this Leica digital stupidity
simply because I don't have millions invested in Leica! Yep lots invested in
their gear, but what the heck if they crash and burn I can still use my
cameras as long as there's film around, which I believe will be long after
I'm in the big darkroom in the sky! ;-)

And digital? I don't need them to get their ass in gear this late in the
season. Heck I can use all my R Leica glass right now on any Canon I wish to
purchase. Yes I have a 20D at the moment and extremely pleased with the
results. heck I'm extremely pleased with my Digilux 2 for it's wonderful
quality.

And the moment I require some whiz-bang super hot shot digital mega sized
sensor I can also go for the top end $10-$12 grand Canon and shoot my heart
out with Leica glass. So what in the world all you guys are banging yer
brains out wasting time on a misfit company playing in the digital world is
beyond me.

I put the whole Leica digital thing behind me and not wasted one iota of
thought until I see a DMR or whatever they call it in real life and ready
for instant delivery..... sometime during the next decade! ;-)

As silly as this may sound I think it might be far more beneficial to all if
we were all out side or wherever taking pictures, rather than farting about
with something not one person on this list? can do anything about!

Think about how much time has been wasted banging key boards on a subject no
one can do diddily squat about. That is of course unless there's somebody
out there with a ton of money invested in the outfit.

Yes it's interesting to read the out pouring of the electronic and digital
knowledgeable members explaining the potential horror stories facing
Leica... Or maybe not facing them?  I find it quite fascinating. But the
bottom line truly is............"Who gives a flying rat's tail what they do
until they actually do something tangible and it's on the street to work
with?"

delays  shemays, Olay's, whatever, who cares?

Heaven's guys go take pictures and have some fun! :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Was: Still no DMR)
Reply from leica_korenman at hotmail.com (eric) (Firmware was Re: [Leica] Still no DMR)