Subject: [Leica] Wine, Women, and Song
From: profmason at yahoo.com (John Mason)
Date: Sat May 14 15:13:52 2005

A very busy couple months.  Hence the prolonged lurk
mode.

Have finally managed to create a couple new galleries.

The first is from last night.  Spent it in the company
of attractive young women, superb wine, and excellent
jazz.  Good for the soul, needless to say.

For most of the evening, I was sitting across the
table from this lovely creature:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Friday/Daphne03
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Friday/Daphne02

She is, sad to say, both engaged and the daughter of a
good friend.

We were listening to a group lead by this fine
pianist:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Friday/KaitBass01
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Friday/Kait03

She graduates from my university next week.  The best
graduate programs in music have been wooing her with
lavish offers of grants and scholarships.

She's the a prize pupil of John D'earth, a fine
trumpeter who directs the university's jazz ensemble:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Friday/John01

An assortment of musicians dropped by to sit in for a
number or two:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Friday/Sax01BW

My favorite barista kept everyone happy:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Friday/Barkeep01

All D70@1600, 35/2, 50/1.4.  It was dark.  Shutter
speeds from 1/5 to 1/30.

M2 snaps tomorrow.  Promise.