Subject: [Leica] loading an sl2mot (question)
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri May 13 06:50:19 2005

Hello Rei,
sorry to take so long getting back to you on this question, I had to try and
find enough batteries to get the motor working.

First method : set the side switch to K (Kamera)and the back switch to R
which
disengages the spool for rewinding, all it does is push up the release
button in
the baseplate of the camera.The settings are R = R?ckspulen = Rewind, E =
Einzel
= single and S = Serie = Series or Continuous. Rewind the film.Then, to open
the
back, push the button in front of the DIN/ASA dial to the right, this
unlocks
the rewind crank which can now be pulled up to unlock the back, remove film
then
load new film , close the back, remembering to push the rewind crank down to
its
original position and either manually (K) shoot the first two frames and
wind
on, or set switch to M and do this with the button on the front of the motor.

Second method : back switch to R and then move the rewind lever to 90
degrees open (it stops automatically just before it engages the rewinding
mechanism). This switches off the motor. Then unload and reload film as
above.
Hope this helps.
cheers
Douglas