Archived posting to the Leica Users Group, 2005/05/12

[Author Prev] [Author Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Author Index] [Topic Index] [Home] [Search]

Subject: [Leica] OT: movie question, with apologies
From: feli2 at (Feli)
Date: Thu May 12 20:46:44 2005
References: <>

Basically it's just called a countdown. Sometimes referred to it as a 
'leader with a countdown"
or a "countdown leader." These terms might differ on the east / west 
coast in the USA or in England.


On May 12, 2005, at 8:19 PM, Rei Shinozuka wrote:

> sorry, but i could not go to sleep without knowing this:
> to those hollywood veterans out there; what is the industry term
> for that countdown number in the middle of a circle, with a
> sort of second hand sweeping around 360 degrees as the number counts
> down to zero and the footage begins?
> -rei

Replies: Reply from bonvini at (Jay) ([Leica] OT: movie question, with apologies)
In reply to: Message from shino at (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] OT: movie question, with apologies)