Subject: [Leica] The CL...a Dissenting Opinion
From: heintz at ucalgary.ca (John W. Heintz)
Date: Wed May 4 20:14:13 2005

On 25 Apr 2005, at 18:52, "Buzz Hausner" <buzz.hausner@verizon.net>
wrote:

> I am probably the only one on this list who is enough of a curmudgeon
> say that I can't stand the Leica CL.  I owned one for a number of years
> and really tried to like it.

Alas, Buzz, I'm the other one who couldn't stand the CL. In fact, till
I read your post I'd been thinking my father-in-law's IIIf was my first
(and only) Leica. Then I remembered I'd bought a CL w/ 40mm and 90mm
years ago to take on sabbatical and managed never to get used to it.
the rangefinder was, for my eyes then, impossible. (And I also dropped

Some will wonder how well I'm doing with the IIIf rangefinder, and I
confess not a lot better, but BETTER still. I'm toying with the idea of
a Bessa for M-mount lenses and as a second body, but could never go
back to the d----d CL!

john