Subject: [Leica] Re:R digital back
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Tue May 3 04:38:11 2005

Hi Lucien,

I've been really happy with TTL flash results from the R8.  The method
I've adopted lately is to use F mode to assess the level of flash
needed at a known distance, usually the distance I'm expecting the
birds to land at.  Then I switch to P mode and set the flash power to
slightly more than F mode assessed.  This copes easily with constant
changes in light from tree shadows and clouds and ensures the flash is
not overpowering, even when most of it bounces of a non reflective
puddle the birds are swimming in.

It works.  I've been an M mode addict for years and know am a fan of P
mode, even with long tele lenses.  Great cameras these R8/9s.

Rick.