Subject: [Leica] The Hitchhikers' Guide To the Galaxy: To Be Avoided
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon May 2 02:21:27 2005

Marc,
It is not suprising that a film version of a book is never as intensive or
as good as the book itself; especially if you loved the book. A book has
usually much more details in the dramaturgy than the film version; and a
book forces you to imagine the visual scenery yourself. A film is just a
short cut version  with a pre-fab imaginery. It's flat compared to what
your phantasy is able to imagine. So much about books vs. film versions.

I loved the hitchiker's guides to the galaxy when I had read them the first
time in the 70ies. They were THE cult books at our high school (at least
for those who were not so interested in "Das Kapital"). But in the last
sommer holydays I have read vol. 1 again, it was quite funny, but not that
sensational as I had it in mind. From vol. 2 on I got boared and gave up.
Maybe I have to wait 30 more years and will like it again...
Didier

Replies: Reply from langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer) ([Leica] The Hitchhikers' Guide To the Galaxy: To Be Avoided)