Subject: [Leica] Printer experiences of the LUG
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Apr 30 02:29:05 2005

On 4/29/05 11:04 PM, "mehrdad" <msadat@gmail.com> typed:

> epson is about to introduce the replacements for 2200,7600 and 9600.
> so wait a little if you can. the new printers have three blk inks for
> natural bw prints

Yes on the black and white inkjet list a guy was talking about
A Shutterbug magazine article on the new R2400 to replace the 2200
Epson has an R2 now!

They tried to release the 2300 but they found odd numbers cause banding.

The new R2400 has got a new 8 color pigment ink set,
Light light black on top of the already existing light black which we are
well used to by now, and our other old friends from the Black family Mat and
Photo Black.
So it's like its got a built in not quad but tritone black and white
printer. Which really might do the trick.
Mesmerism and Bronzing are said to be in check.
(invented by Dr. Felix Mesmer and Dr. Charles Bronson)

With the usual suspects in the color department of
cyan, magenta, yellow, light cyan and light magenta.

a new advanced black and white print Mode

And will be available at Inkjets-R-Us for $849.
A great stocking stuffer!

I've got a better name for "Light light black".
"Grey".

I've got a better name for "Light black".
"Dark Grey"

Maybe it's the way I was raised but I just think when you lighten up black
it's no longer black. It's a grey something.
I think I'd make a great Marketing guy!

Every hear of "dark white"? Of course not!

I think that's no dumber than "light black".

Mat Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/