Subject: [Leica] Re: digital transformation
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie Talbert)
Date: Thu Apr 28 20:10:27 2005

Message: 27
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:25:48 -0400
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: digital transformation
To: "'Leica Users Group'" <lug@leica-users.org>

>>Photography is a process whereby a camera of
>>some type captures images in some way>>

(Well, you're right B.D....that's half of it)

>>The term has never implied the use of a
>>chemical/physical process as you suggest.

(I have to disagree here...the term has always "implied"
the whole process from the capture to the picture!
When was the last time someone walked up to your leica
(filled with "captured images") and said:  "Wow, I love
your "photography", you should hang that camera in a museum")

>>The only thing that is different about digital photography
>>is that rather than striking a chemically sensitized medium, the
>>light entering the camera strikes an electronic sensor - end of
>>difference. Photography is photography is photography.

Again, from the "capture" phase only...right!...but as far
as that being the "only thing that is different" on the
whole, well.....I think not.

Montie