Subject: [Leica] digital transformation
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Thu Apr 28 10:39:51 2005

There are so many areas of life where newer is crappier, and newer is
usually justified or lauded because it has a lower cost, is "nearly as good"
and typically might even have some tangential advantage.

When I get in the right mood, it royally ticks me off. Given the options
and the funds, I'll usually take things that'll last and represent some
personal notions of "real" material progress.

But then, I make my living in the software world, so I've a closet full of
digital dross and old useless floppies and what not to well remind me of
disposable material culture :-)

Scott