Subject: [Leica] digital transformation
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu Apr 28 04:31:25 2005

Ted, as ever, has hit the nail on the head.

The recent series of flowers I did was for a graphic designer who wanted
some pictures PDQ - if I had had to wait for slide processing (I don't
process my own stuff, no room), even overnight express, the subjects
would have changed completely within hours -  more open, wilted,
drooping etc. As it was he always got back to me within minutes and we
managed to get the shots he wanted. Top marks for digital.

Film gets top marks when I'm out shooting locomotives, the motor drive
on the R7 is faster and can shoot more consecutive shots than the 20D
can, also the wide-angle lenses I've got stay wide. Until I can afford
some very wides and an off-camera E-TTL flash set-up for the Canon, or
unless some maniac gives me a full frame Canon DSLR for zero denaros,
it's going to be steam on film for a long time yet. Then again I often
take a IIIG out for a walk 'cos it's fun to use.
cheers
Douglas

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] digital transformation)