Subject: [Leica] Doing your Kid's Wedding
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Apr 26 20:05:26 2005

On 4/26/05 4:38 PM, "Michael Volow" <mvolo@acpub.duke.edu> typed:

> It's not tacky,and there is nothing wrong with carrying a small camera for
> occasional neat candid.
>
> Having said that, you might enjoy it more, or in different way, if you do
> it
> directly with your eyes and ears, without a camera between you and your
> loved ones and friends. I would suggest that one should hire a wedding
> photographer and/or videographer whose work you admire and trust, and let
> them do the recording. After all, even if one were a doctor one would not
> take out his own appendix, etc. When I have photographed dance showcases I
> enjoyed watching the dancing less, than when I put down the camera and
> savored the experience.

The way people, (families) relate to each other at weddings to to ask each
other how to work the cameras they are hunched over.

"How do you get the film out of this thing anyway??!?!"
I guess that dates me.

"How do you get the flashcard out of this thing anyway??!?!"

"Do you use third party sharpening with Photoshop?"
"Are you know where the reception is?"

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon