Subject: [Leica] Motion picture cameras hot?
From: bonvini at optonline.net (Jay)
Date: Tue Apr 26 17:59:44 2005

Don't forget, a lot of these motion picture camera movements are based on
the old Mitchell movement - real close to bullet proof. A very simple but
precise mechanism.
I would wager that there is a very infitesimal increase in internal
temperature after running a full 1000' if at all.

The biggest worry is the build up of emulsion that "wears" off the film
going through the gate.
You have all heard the expression of "check the gate" in docs on making of
films - they are looking for a build up of emulsion in the gate - through
the lens to the gate with a light to see if they might have to do a re-take
as the build up can cause scratching.

Jay Ignaszewski