Subject: [Leica] MP vs. M6 noise
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Apr 26 10:53:17 2005

Douglas Herr said:
>>Forgive the obsession some of us have with the shutter wave form, the VF
>>flare and other such minutia.  We're emotionally attached to them too.<

HI Doug,
I well understand in your case with wildlife photography no matter how faint
the camera sound many birds and critters have incredible hearing, other wise
they might not survive too long in the wilds. Therefore it would be great to
have a completely silent camera for your photography.

And quite frankly I constantly marvel at your ability to catch so many with
such precise photography.

However, when I hear those bleating about camera noise while photographing
people I think they tend to over do it some what. Because if you're shooting
and listening to the peripheral sounds you learn to shoot as the background
sounds are the greatest.

Somewhat as shooting people while they are involved in doing something and
their bodies and thoughts are completely unaware of the camera.
ted