Subject: [Leica] Traveling to Athens, Greece
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Mon Apr 25 07:57:08 2005

I think you are going to do fine with those two lenses :-)

I havent been to Athens for many years - but one of the greatest meals I
ever had,  was i Athens at the buchers halls on the streat going from the
Plaka to Omonia SQ.
I was very early in the morning or late in the night - All the way in the
back behind all the working people cutting up meat there was a little place
were you could eat.
They had a pot - big eneught to cook several cows in.
I did not speak a word of Greek but I got an enormous piece of meat, a large
bowl of soup, some bred and some retsina.
I was fantastic meal - never had meat that good - and the company was
great - the nices people - butchers and lorrymen - did understand a word
they said and if you like shooting "street" with a 800/1600 iso film there
were great pics to be taken
I do not know if the place still exhists - the probably do not take a
creditcard and the spoon might not be polished but if the palces is there do
your self a treat - visually - as well as flaouvry
cheers and have a nice trip -
Ruben