Subject: [Leica] Umbrella Thingie
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Apr 23 14:20:21 2005

On 4/23/05 7:35 AM, "Richard S. Taylor" <r.s.taylor@comcast.net> typed:

> Caterpillar  view.  I have no idea what this plant is, but at least it's
> green.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/CURRENT/L1000489_web
>
> As a photograph, I tried over and over to get those droplets on top
> of the leaves in focus, but couldn't keep the perspective at the same
> time.  The Digilux 2 just isn't up to it, even fully stopped down at
> "28mm."  I went for the perspective.

Amazing shot!!! but just pull back a few inches and afterwards crop.
The foreground is much more important than the background stuff in shots
anywhere close to this.
I'd think the Digilux II would be up to that. Digital point and shoots tend
to be amazingly friendly toward macro photography and can make it look
almost easy from all that I hear and have slightly experienced.

The stuff in the background can even be not so sharp and it's ok.
You've established the texture / pattern in the foreground.
Where the eye goes first.
Right next to the caption.

"look here dummy"

Mark Rabiner