Subject: [Leica] Photojournalists and permission
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Apr 20 07:33:05 2005

With the caveat that the homeless have the same protections in regard to
their images that the rest of us have - they may not be used for
commercial purposes without their expressed permission. Further, anyone
using images of a homeless person on the street for editorial purposes
better be damn sure that they have all their facts straight. For
instance, if one used a shot of an identifiable homeless person - for
instance my ALDO guy - as an illustration for a story on the ultimate
horrors of alcoholism, and that homeless person was not an alcoholic and
was hooked up with an attorney, one would be insuring that the homeless
person was able to purchase his own home. ;-)