Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 15: This and that
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Apr 18 21:13:03 2005

Thanks, Dick!

The "loose composition" of the office shots is partly by design and
partly laziness.

In the case of the picture of Joop:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_15alt3.jpg
it is very much by design. I wanted to make an environmental portrait,
not just a close-up of his face. Joop works with computers and has 3-5
PCs on his desk at any given time. So the composition with his face
framed by the monitors was very much what I intended.

In the other office picture:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_15alt4.jpg
I must admit that I was just being lazy. The two guys were talking, and
I was sitting at my desk. I just grabbed the camera with its 24mm lens
and snapped two pictures. In retrospect, I should have cropped a bit
more, but on the other hand I did want to show the office environment as
well.

I will keep trying, after all, I go there every day!

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands