Subject: [Leica] Scanner Question: 4870 or 5400?
From: robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier)
Date: Fri Apr 15 17:45:06 2005

I have been using an Epson 4870 to scan Rollei negatives and also some Leica
negatives (but mostly I print the Leica negatives the old fashioned way).
The 4870 gives very good results for the Rollei negatives and good results
for the Leica, but I've been wondering if the Konica-Minolta 5400 scanner
would give noticeably better results.   In particular, if I scan for a 16x24
inch print on both scanners at 300 dpi, will I see a difference between the
two prints?
Bob

Message from jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden) ([Leica] Thoughts on the new Zeiss lenses)