Subject: [Leica] Power of Photography
From: summicron at bellsouth.net (Frank F. Farmer)
Date: Wed Apr 13 12:33:28 2005

Those are powerful photos.  They really make you feel the story they are
telling.  They deserve the Pulitzer in my opinion.

Frank Farmer

From: John Mason <profmason@yahoo.com>
Date: 2005/04/13 Wed PM 01:02:14 CDT
To: lug@leica-users.org

Spent the morning working at home and happened hear
today's broadcast of The Connection on public radio.
It was simply terrific.

Program featured interview with Deanne Fitzmaurice, a
San Francisco Chronicle photographer and Meredith May,
a Chronicle reporter, who collaborated on Operation
Lion Heart, the story of a 9-year-old Iraqi boy who
was severely injured in an explosion and was brought
back to health in the US.

Fitzmaurice's images won this year's Pulitzer Prize
for Feature Photography.

The interviews, especially the discussion of how the
project came together and Fitzmaurice's comments on
how she made her photos, were fascinating and very,
very moving.

You can listen to the program here:

http://tinyurl.com/5opds

And see Fitzmaurice's wonderful photos here:

http://www.sfgate.com/saleh/

--John

J Mason
Charlottesville, Virginia