Subject: [Leica] stacked extenders
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Wed Apr 13 09:59:56 2005

Adam Bridge <abridge@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's hard to tell from an image like this but I sure don't see
> anything that remotely suggests the stack of extenders is doing bad
> things to the image at all.

Perhaps I'm spoiled by the mind-boggling detail an APO lens by itself can
produce.  When examining the slide (it's K200) the image detail is certainly
usable and would probably make a fine 8"x10" print.  It's not what I've come
to expect from the 280/2.8 by itself.  Also consider the shutter speed
(probably 1/125 sec) and full aperture and the APO extenders look pretty
good.

> As for the bird, I think he'll want copies to send to his mates - it
> gives him a thoughtful, dreamy expression. It's a realy fine image.

Where I'd like to improve on this is to get less of a belly view, to be more
on the same level as the bird.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/picidae/nuwo01.html

Doug Herr