Subject: [Leica] my first CLA
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Apr 12 08:27:12 2005

Douglas Herr offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] my first CLA

 > Every time.  I 'm even more nervous about getting the repair estimate.
Last week I got the estimate for my 280/4 APO's repair.  All I can say is,
make sure you NEVER drop this puppy!  <<<<<<<

Hi Doug,
Let me add a note about having a 280 2.8 on the ground, supposedly the
safest place, it can't fall any where. However, it was a  cushion landing
for a 400 2.8 falling across it mid-lens at the Olympics. :-( :-(

Well actually another photographer made a sudden move, hit the 400 on a
monopod leaning on a rail and there was "CRASH!" Big time!

And that basically was the end of the 280 2.8 right there for use! The bill
for repair, lens long past any kind of warranty, was astronomical.... Close
to $2000 after I arrived home from the games.  Meanwhile Leica loaned me a
280  2.8 to finish my games assignment until Closing Ceremonies.

The big glass is very costly for repair and like you say..."make sure you
NEVER drop this puppy!"  And I might add .... "do not drop anything on them
either!" :-(

ted