Subject: [Leica] Father and son at the ballpark
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Apr 11 15:04:52 2005

Adam Bridge said:

Subject: Re: [Leica] Father and son at the ballpark

> Hi Ted,
> > Sorry you didn't like it - I did like the mirroring of father and son
> - and the setting. For me it works as a son and father for them.
>
> However, I DO hear what you're saying and won't waste bandwidth in the
> future.<<<

Hi Adam,
Nothing to do with wasting band width at all!  You've missed the whole point
of the critique! I'm sure you took this picture not because it's an
interesting photograph, but simply because you know who this Coach is,
period!

Therefore it has meaning to you. And that's what made it worth shooting.
Certainly by the caption you attached. But it just doesn't cut it as you
describe photographically as they aren't even relating to each other.

If they were going to play catch as you point out, why didn't you take
pictures of them playing ball? That's where the pictures would be. Surely
with the long lens you were using, unless they went behind a wall and you
couldn't see them. But if that were not the case, why not show them actually
playing what you said they were going to do?

Sorry you feel the way you do when I'm trying to be helpful to improve a
potentially interesting photo situation.

ted

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Father and son at the ballpark)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Father and son at the ballpark)
Message from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Father and son at the ballpark)