Subject: [Leica] leica digital back-initial test results
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Sat Apr 9 17:28:50 2005

I think it sounds fairly believable. I'm only an armchair engineer,
but from what I can tell the chip in the DMR is basically the same as
in a medium format back, except cropped down to fit inside a 135 film
gate.
IMACON did most of the work and they have a heck a of a lot more
experience
dong digital than Leica (who has next to zero). So, I would not be
surprised if it
behaved like a low resolution MF back. But it is expensive.

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] leica digital back-initial test results)