Subject: [Leica] leica digital back-initial test results
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Apr 9 17:12:59 2005

Everybody take a deep breath.  The real deal will be in list member's
hands in just a few weeks.  Aauummmm...  OK, that's better.

I can tell you that the DIMA folks at PMA in their tests found the color
accuracy to be extremely good for the DMR.

For skeptics, I know at least one list member who has been given a whole
bunch of equipment to use, comment on, and evaluate.  Possibly Leica is
doing the same thing.  Falcon did clearly state that Leica lent his
group a preproduction sample to evaluate.  With disclosure comes
knowledge.

At this point Leica does not need a flack, the first years production is
basically sold out.  If the equipment is good, more people will order.
On the other hand, if the equipment isn't up to the competition then
orders will evaporate.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com