Subject: [Leica] LC1 vs 20D comparison
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Fri Apr 8 07:28:44 2005

Hi All,

Simon wrote (snipped):

> However, the big decider for me was the image quality.  Doubtless the
> LC1 is better than most if not all digital P&S cameras, but it's a
> long way behind the 20D in image quality.

> Anyone else have similar or oposing opinions?

A fair comparison and consistent with my own experience vv my 20D and a
good friend's LC1. This is not to say that the photos from the LC1 do
not have their own character, which I find pleasing. It's main drawback
is the limiting 5MP resolution. I wonder if we will see a 7.2 - 10MP
version with a better and faster viewfinder. That would be very
interesting to me.

I'm actually quite pleased, for a point and shoot, with my Sony DSC-V3
and its "Zeiss" lens.

Will von Dauster

Replies: Reply from simon.ogilvie at gmail.com (Simon Ogilvie) ([Leica] LC1 vs 20D comparison)