Subject: [Leica] Voigtlander 15mm ASPH lens
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Fri Apr 8 04:07:15 2005

>I've got the Voigtlander 15mm ASPH lens, for use on my M6  (...)
>just-in-front-of-lens to infinity in focus at smaller apertures, no
>vignette-ing.

No shure about no-vignetting. Mine does in certain situations though it
dont mind about it.

>There is some "stretching" around the edges, but that's to be expected for
>such a short focal length.

This can happen even with a 28, too, for instance if you have a human face
in the picture's edge.

>I'd say I use it most out of my lenses - certainly makes my 28mm redundant.

Not for me! The 28 is a tele compared to the superwide Heliar. 15 is my
wide, 28 my standard, 75 my tele lens :-)

>I got mine on e*ay for ?232
>Laurence John

?232 ? Thats approx $433 - at cameraquest.com from LUGger Stephen Gandy you
get a new one, with finder, with factory warranty, for $345! I'm astonished
how often people buy used stuff at the auction site for more than the same
new object would cost somewhere else.

But nevertheless, have fun with your lens! Think about tilted horizont
lines, and about overexposed pictureas when you have a lot of bright sky in
the frame (turn the camera to the ground when you meter). And take your cap
and your shoetips out of the frame! ;-)

Didier