Subject: [Leica] Leica M3 purchase
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Tue Apr 5 23:53:46 2005

On Apr 5, 2005, at 4:50 PM, B. D. Colen wrote:

> Oh, so because you don't trust it, people aren't buying there? :-) I'm
> sorry, friend, but you're wrong on this one.

Well, of course people buy them on ebay. Lots of people buy Leicas off
of ebay
and many don't get screwed in the process. Heck I've bought lots of
stuff off of ebay
and for the most part my experiences have been positive. But most
dealers will
charge you the prices I quoted, for a clean camera.
;-)

>  Those prices are, if anything, a little high. I know I sold an M6TTL
> .85 here about five
> months ago for, if I recall, around $1050.

Maybe you're a better photographer than business man, B.D.
;-)

>  Yes, there are small shops, and large fancy ones, where you can
>  pay $1400 -  but why would you?

Some people like to be able to send it back without much of a hassle or
take
a look at it in person before they buy. Some people can swing the extra
money,
others can't. It really depends.

I buy a lot of my gear as demos. The price is a little higher than from
ebay, but I get
a 1 year factory warranty from Leica and a little more peace of mind.
;-)

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com