Subject: [Leica] Leica M film loading
From: brad at bradbrad.com (brad daly)
Date: Tue Apr 5 22:41:37 2005

i discovered after a while with the M6 that i was overdoing things,
pulling the leader a little too far and getting it too far into the
take-up spool.  this was causing the film to shift down a couple of
millimeters and miss the sprockets.  now i've learned just to pull the
leader out a little bit, so that it's over sprockets on both the top
and bottom and the end is just between the blades on the take-up spool.
  i always crank twice before closing the back and putting the bottom
plate back on.

--brad

Replies: Reply from driggett at mac.com (Christopher Driggett) ([Leica] This week's PAW: Fear of the swing.)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Leica M film loading)