Subject: [Leica] Re: lens dropping
From: dnygr at cshore.com (dnygr)
Date: Tue Apr 5 10:25:57 2005

I can relate to the stories of the dropped Skopar 50 and the Sumilux 75.

My story occurred just about two years ago when I was in Germany. I had hid
my camera while I was out and when I returned I forgot about how I had hid
it and it ended up falling from the top shelf of the closet. Both camera
(M6) and lens (28mm sumicron)were bent. I was able to finish the roll of
film in the camera the next day, but getting the film canister out of the
bent camera took a while. I paid to have the camera fixed by Leica and Leica
fixed the lens under its passport warranty. There are better ways to start a
vacation than this way, as I think you all can well imagine.

Doug Nygren