Subject: [Leica] Picks and Pans
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Tue Apr 5 00:13:33 2005

On Apr 4, 2005, at 7:36 PM, John Collier wrote
> People have been telling me that the Tri-E is a, "Good Thing" and
> that, "I Should Buy One." As I was headed off to a land where the sun
> actually does shine, I decided to check the lens out. Sorry it didn't
> even get to first base. It doesn't focus closer than 1.0 meter. I just
> sold a Noctilux that suffered from the same condition so it was a
> non-starter for me -- a self confessed lens dropper mind you!

I think it's a really nice lens for street shooting and reportage type
work. You can work very quickly
with only one body. I don't own a Tri-Elmar, but have had a chance to
play with one and I love the ability
to quickly switch between 35 and 50, when shooting on the street.

A friend of mine travels with his Tri-Elmar, 35 Lux ASPH and I think a
75 Summilux.
Works like a charm.

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4