Subject: [Leica] Picks and Pans
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Mon Apr 4 19:38:29 2005

While picking up my last new Asph, I checked out the odds and sods in
the local Leica bargain bin. They had a old style Tri-E and a Lens
Carrier. Briefly:

People have been telling me that the Tri-E is a, "Good Thing" and that,
"I Should Buy One." As I was headed off to a land where the sun
actually does shine, I decided to check the lens out. Sorry it didn't
even get to first base. It doesn't focus closer than 1.0 meter. I just
sold a Noctilux that suffered from the same condition so it was a
non-starter for me -- a self confessed lens dropper mind you!

I bought the Lens Carrier and I like it. It is a stupid idea that
actually works. It places the spare lens where it provides a nice grip
and it doesn't interfere with shooting horizontally or vertically. I
used an 0.58 with a 50 (sob!) and a 35 or 24 (don't need a finder with
a 24 and a 0.58x) in the holder. Very handy for casual shooting. When
the going gets tough, it is a bit slow to change lenses so then I
reverted back to my usual practice using two bodies.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] Picks and Pans)