Subject: [Leica] Honoring Dr. King
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Apr 3 14:00:42 2005

There are some real classics here, Phil - What a great group of images
to have. Do you happen to have anything from the sanitation workers
strike that brought him to Memphis - the strikers with the "I Am A Man"
signs?

Boy, 37 years - time sure flies. I spent the night of, and the couple
nights after the assassination working as a driver for the Washington
Post photo department, driving photographers around as the city
burned...and then, because we didn't have a t.v., my then-wife and I got
a room at the Washington Hilton the day of the funeral so we could watch
it on t.v. - and not incidentally watch the smoke from the
still-smouldering fires around the city. Weird, ugly times.

B. D.