Subject: [Leica] India in May/June
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Fri Apr 1 17:58:22 2005

Feli wrote:
"Anyone been to India in May/June? I'm doing some research for a trip and
it looks like that is the middle of the summer and start of the rainy
season.
Temperatures can hit 40-45 Celsius. Can anyone share their experiences?
Is it worth going at that time or will it be hellish? I would be in the
northern
half of the country (not in the mountains), traveling east - west."

Many years ago I spent several weeks in India in the Monsoon season, a few
days in Delhi and vicinity, about two weeks trekking in the western
Himalaya, and a few days in the foothills. Since I had been travelling to
Kuwait and Saudi Arabia several times a year (as well as Nevada and Arizona
in the summers) the heat in the plains was nothing new to me. The high
humidity was uncomfortable and caused several rolls of Kodachrome to acquire
a greenish cast.
The environment can be a risk if you have health issues.
Regards, Oliver