Subject: [Leica] Lens hood
From: bussbearm at aei.ca (Robert Beaudoin)
Date: Thu Mar 31 16:37:02 2005

Bonjour,

  Lens hood no.  12524 for the late version 35mm summicron-M is fine for
earlier versions.  I picked one up real cheap.  Just snip off the 2 small
prongs on top and bottom. drill a small hole where the hood covers the front
of the lens mount and insert a small set screw.  Voila.  Hood will stay
horizontal.  Now, if I could get that lens to focus to .7 meters...

  Best,

  Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)