Subject: [Leica] evening ...more clouds
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Sat Sep 25 19:25:33 2004

>Another possibility - and it's been years since I tried this one, but it
>worked well as I recall - is to get a used metal ammo box at an
>Army/Navy store...paint it white or silver, and then line it with
>closed-cell foam.

Another excellent idea and a 50 caliber can would be just about perfect.
In fact, the foam could be cut to hold the body, lens, exposure meter
etc. to keep them from banging around. I now have a 30 caliber can
behind the seat that holds handtools and other items for emergencies.
There's also rain gear, boots, folding shovel, tie-down straps etc. And
most important of all: APP....... "all-purpose paper" better known as
toilet paper! LOL  Old GI's like myself know the importance of being
prepared. ;^)

Doug, your thoughts about the build up of heat in the cooler is also
good advice. Also the caution about condensation. Thanks.

Walker