Subject: [Leica] scenes from the OR ...paw 15
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Mar 29 17:02:35 2005

Steve Barbour showed a slightly improved version:  :-(

Subject: Re: [Leica] scenes from the OR ...paw 15

>> Hi Steve,
>> 81911 on my screen is very dark? And if mine is correct then I'd almost
>> scrub the picture as I'm loosing the important part and why you shot!
>> Her
>> eyes and expression.!
>>
>> And I'd have cropped it tighter as some of the extraneous parts are
>> distracting and take the viewers eyes away from the centre of
>> attention....
>> her eyes!
>>
>> A little something hanging on the upper left edge... crop.
>
> I am reposting the first,  less dark, hoping at least this is a modest
> improvement...<<<

Hi Steve,
Well it helps some, however given the lack of good light to start with and
even though one can kind of make out her expression, as much as I hate to
say this, it doesn't cut it!! :-(

It's as simple as comparing the first copy 81911 "lack of good light" and
the improved version ... 81913  "still lack of good light" compared to the
second photograph 81912 with the light - eye combination and without
question the improved version still doesn't make it compared to the nurse
with the face mask.

Sorry but that's photo life! :-( Some work right smack in the face while
others.... if you have to knock yourself out "trying to make something out
of it" then it just doesn't work. It will always be close.. but not right in
the face... "Yeah alright great shot!"

 81913  is close. But close only counts in horse shoes! And when we can
compare the two shots it's very simple to see which works and which doesn't.

ted

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] scenes from the OR ...paw 15)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] scenes from the OR ...paw 15)
Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] scenes from the OR ...paw 15)