Subject: [Leica] OT: Slide shows
From: jnelon at netvigator.com (James R. Nelon)
Date: Thu Mar 24 19:08:14 2005

Tina,

I've had problems with Powerpoint when I've got a fast moving show (three
seconds per image with a two second dissolve.) The audio track moves along
at its regular audibly correct speed, but the slides dissolve at different
speeds depending on the speed of the pc. I can't keep a show in sync between
the audio and the images unless I use a very fast pc.

I've moved to either Pinnacle Studio 9 (a very easy-to-use end-user product
with multiple video and sound tracks and also a lot of special features for
audio and video) or Adobe Premier (which has a much steeper learning curve).
Both of these products maintain proper synchronization between the audio and
video tracks, and has been noted, I can edit down to the frame level for
precision of final product, which can be output to DVD or CD (VCD), as well
as tape and other formats in NTSC, PAL, SECAM and others I've never heard
of.

Jim Nelon