Subject: [Leica] bill dilution H.
From: wharting at verizon.net (bill harting)
Date: Thu Mar 24 12:59:22 2005

Hi Chris,

My approximate normal time for TriX at 800 is diultion H at 11 minutes, 75
degrees.  I had an odd accident, though, in this processing. I did two rolls
in one can, and a single roll of 120 from something else in another, and I
accidentally unthinkingly mixed the HC110H at half strength, so Pedro, John
and Bob were developed in HC110 at a dilution of one-quarter ounce syrup to
1000cc. I wondered why they were so thin. But yet apparently not too thin (I
have not printed them yet). Mark was developed separately later in a two
reel can, and I had my oh-shit moment when was pouring the syrup and
realized what I had done on the first two rolls. So I went ahead with the 11
minute time; these negs look normal and fine.

So what does this tell me? I won't know until I print, but HC110 even wicked
diluted seems to keep working. I won't try that again, though. Your
experiences?

bill h