Subject: [Leica] Edges and Corners, best lens for this...
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Mar 23 07:59:09 2005

Well Frank, the reality is that we should all be interested in edges and
corners, as we've got a canvas not much bigger than a postage stamp on
which to 'paint,' and every iota of it is valuable. First thing I ask my
students is ...
"what's the most important part of the frame?" And the answer is "all of
it!" And further, the reality is that there are drawbacks to framing
with an M, in terms of lack of accuracy. That being said, however, I
find that the advantages of seeing frame lines, and seeing what's beyond
the lines outweigh possible inaccuracies in framing.

But for all that blather, my point is that one doesn't have to be doing
architectural photography to care about corners and edges - and one sure
doesn't need to switch to large format. ;-)

B. D.