Subject: [Leica] Costco and film - NOT
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Sun Mar 20 06:52:17 2005

Kodak is hurting Kodak.

The other day I received a phone call from my local camera shop (also a
Leica dealer) informing me that the were no longer processing film with
Kodak.  If I shot Kodachrome (which they will still sell), they'd have to
sell me a mailer for some other processing service.

Seems that Kodak has made drastic cuts in their service and quality.  The
store told me the local rep has been replaced with 800 numbers, long waits
on hold, and no response.  They've also had repeated problems with
Kodachrome processed in E-6 by Kodak!  Since they care about their
customers, they had no choice but to split ties with Kodak photofinishing.

I was thinking about getting another K64 brick for Spring; now it's going to
be Velvia.  At least the store does an excellent job with its own E-6.

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA